Data substantiates company’s position as a global leader in health care solutions.
Key findings in the study include:
- 9 out of 10 patients reported improvement of their chronic pain.
- 7 out of 10 reported an improvement larger than 50% after 4 weeks of treatment.
- 7 out of 10 patients did not experience any adverse effects related to the treatment. Reported adverse side effects were mild and transient, fading after 12 weeks.
KHIRON has published in the international peer-reviewed journal Frontiers in Pain Research the results of its first clinical study on the use of medical cannabis prescribed to Colombian patients in treating chronic pain. This is the largest study of its kind in Latin America, and the first published clinical evidence on the effectiveness and safety of Khiron’s THC and CBD oil-based cannabis formulations, the two most prescribed products at Khiron’s Zerenia Clinics in Colombia. This is reassuring data for prescribing physicians and health insurance providers on the efficacy, safety, and cost-effectiveness of the Khiron’s products to treat chronic pain. Frontiers journals rank among the most influential in their academic fields based on total citations and ranks as the 3rd most-cited publisher among the 20 largest publishers.
The study, a joint effort by medical researchers from Khiron Life Sciences and doctors from Zerenia Clinics in Colombia and Europe, captures patient-reported outcome measures (“PROMS”) and adverse effects in a large cohort of 2112 adult patients diagnosed with chronic pain of diverse etiology. Between May and September 2021, patients received adjuvant treatment with Khiron’s oral oil-based cannabis formulations at the Latin American Institute of Neurology and Nervous System (ILANS-Zerenia) in Bogotá, Colombia.
The complete press release from 05.04.2022 can be found here: https://investors.khiron.ca/investor-information/news-events/press-releases/detail/250/leading-global-medical-cannabis-company-khiron-publishes
Request a callback
- Our friendly patient care coordinators will contact you to answer any questions you may have and to help you on your medical cannabis journey.
- Book appointment and follow ups
- Carry out quick eligibility assessments
- Provide more information on medical cannabis and conditions we treat